Job Type: Full-Time
Setting: In-Person, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Job Level: Entry Professional
Position Title: Office Assistant (Spanish & English Fluency)
About Santiago Financial, Inc.
Santiago Financial, Inc has enjoyed over 40 years of helping satisfied customers find their dream manufactured home. What started as a family business have expanded to become one of California’s leading providers of specialized manufactured home mortgages, insurance, and refinance.
We want to find another hard-working and detail oriented person to join our growing business. This entry-level position is ideal for someone who aspires to quickly grow and advance within the company. To meet the needs of our increasingly diverse customers, we are looking for a candidate who speaks English and Spanish fluently.
The Ideal Candidate Believes:
- Continuous learning and growth is essential for company success.
- No job is beneath them and no aspiration is too far out of reach.
- Patience, flexibility, and empathy are necessary traits in our interactions with coworkers and external stakeholders.
- Every detail matters.
- Hard work pays off.
- Meeting personal and company goals provides a meaningful level of job satisfaction.
- Showing up for your coworkers is as important as showing up for our customers.
- Helping customers fund their home is helping customers through one of their most important life events.
- Every interaction with a customer is a reflection of the company’s values.
Pay & Benefits:
As an entry level position, the candidate will start as full-time hourly. After a probation period of 3-6 months, the candidate may transition to a full-time salaried position. Once full-time salaried, additional benefits include:
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation leave
- IRA match
- Company paid holidays
- Medical insurance (if needed)
- Company holiday party
- Year-end bonuses
- Additional employee incentives based on short and long term goals
- Paid NMLS license training (if needed)
Job Responsibilities Overview:
As an entry level position, the candidate must be willing to learn a lot of information in a condensed amount of time. In the first few months, expect to learn about various loan programs and unique qualifying requirements, the essential details to look for in documentation and applications, and how to effectively serve customers in a timely manner. As an office assistant, you will be trained on a variety of skillsets to step in and help our various teams when needed. Representative job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Fielding all inbound calls, quickly assessing the needs, and providing answers to routine questions with a high level of customer service.
- Perform data entry of incoming credit applications with high attention to detail (double checking math, completed documentation, missing signatures, etc.)
- Maintain an organized system to keep track of multiple customers at the same time.
- Resolve customer inquiries with patience, empathy, and flexibility.
- Consistently monitor and adapt to current workflows and proactively offer to help coworkers who may need additional assistance.
- Assist customers through the application process, especially for those unfamiliar with technology (e.g., scanning documents, email, etc.) with patience and understanding.
You should apply if you believe you have the following minimum skills:
- Ability to write, read, and speak in both English and Spanish fluently with proper grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Ability to use computer and digital programs (e.g. typing skills, scanning, word processing, Adobe PDF, email, etc.)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
You’re an ideal candidate if you also have the following desired skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- NMLS License
- Knowledge of mortgage industry and terms preferred
To apply, please submit your application: https://airtable.com/shrrhdp2T6TmfazLg